Thursday 25 March 2010

CD cover ideas

This is the CD cover template i will be using for my CD cover designs. Although the front of my CD cover and the back look alot bigger then the original CD template it would be down sized to fit the template.


I took a few images for my CD front cover also the back of the album cover too. I wanted to carry the beach theme from my music video throught to my CD cover. I wanted the audience to recognise this reflection from my music video to the front cover. I feel that the picture also reflects in the lyrics, for example "you dont even know me, you say that im not living right" this picture creates a peacefull/tranquill setting. I have edited this photograph by making the lighting different to the original to try and make the sea and the heart in the sand the main features.

I added the heart in the same because i think when he wrote this song you can tell its really speaking from the heart also i feel it creates a positive start to the album before listening to it.

MY album shape is a rectangle rather than a square because i wanted it to be different. I used Monotype Corsiva for my font because it was the one that fitted and looked the best with the beach scene, I am also using this for the back cover to it dosent look odd using a different font.

I think the front of my CD cover could have been made a bit stronger by maybe taking pictures of the cast i used in my music video and put them on the front of my CD cover so the audience can reflect more towards the song and music video. However i have only edited the picture i took slightly and i think i looks like i have edited it alot more seen as the colours contrast well on it.



This is the back of my CD cover displaying the name of the songs and what number track the song is on the CD. The main focus on the cover is the two foot prints in the sand and tho font. I used the idea of foot print to try and make it like the other side of the beach because the Front CD cover is of the sea. I used the same font as the front CD cover too which is Monotype Corsiva, although it is a fancy font and the genre of the music is dance still think it flows well having something to do with the music video aswel. The names of the songs do take up alot of room on accross the CD cover but i wanted it like this because of the font i used.
There are also the conventions of bar codes and music production company which appear on the back cover only.

Overall this back CD cover was not very hard to make but still looks good and looks like a pair with the front of the CD cover. To improve the back cover i could have taken an establishing shot of Bridlington along the front of the beach and done lot of editing to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment